- City Secretary
To provide quality services and information to the citizens, City Council, and City Staff in a courteous, equitable, and service-oriented manner, to enhance the public’s participation in Manvel’s government process by providing a welcoming environment to citizens and visitors, and to maintain official City records for historical preservation.
Professor William Bennett Munro, the eminent political scientist, wrote: “No other office in municipal service has so many contracts. It serves the mayor, the city council, the city manager (when there is one), and all administrative departments without exception. All of them call upon it, almost daily, for some service or information. Its work is not spectacular, but it demands versatility, alertness, accuracy, and no end of patience. The public does not realize how many loose ends of city administration this office pulls together” (1934).
- Chief Elections Administrator
- City of Manvel Code of Ordinances
- Maintain the City Seal
- Process petitions for referendums, recalls, and initiatives
- Process Records and Public Information Requests
- Records Management Officer, custodian of all official records of the City, including Council and all departments of the City. Such records consist of; Ordinances, Resolutions, Minutes, contracts, agreements, and all other documents authorized by the Mayor and City Council.
- Responsible for City Council and Boards and Commissions information including meetings, agenda packets, minutes, recordings, and conflict of interest forms.